Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Friday 28 July 2023

Journeys


To journey with Jesus means seeking justice. We are called to speak on behalf of those who have no voice – the poor and oppressed of every land.

Jesus opened the book and found the place where these words are written—‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the Gospel to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord’. Luke 4:18-19 J.B. Phillips New Testament

Jesus was clear and confident about his mission. He was not downhearted when faced with poverty, captivity and illness but instead saw opportunities to establish the reign of God. Announcing good news, offering true freedom and bringing new vision are hallmarks of Christian life. I consider how my life echoes the priorities of Jesus.

Jesus invites us to share in the Spirit that so fully energises him. His mission is to awaken hope in the promises of God. His life programme is to bring freedom to us who are oppressed by sin and evil. He desires to touch our broken hearts with his healing grace and compassion.

Jesus works today in the eyes and hands of the many people who come into our lives, to see our needs and teach us, heal us, protect us, need us, feed us, pick us up, sing to us, make us laugh and love us.

Lord, lift me out of my apathy and my sense of emptiness. Capture my heart with your invigorating presence and companionship. Send me to others with a message of hope. Help me today to be in some way your eyes to see how you see, your hands to do what you do, your heart to feel the compassion you feel, and to love as you love me. Sacred Heart of Jesus I place all my trust in you.


No comments: