Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 8 August 2022

Summer Thoughts


Gracioso Island Track - Lanzarote 

By Paul Collings


John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


As long as I am content to know that He is infinitely greater than I, and that I cannot know Him unless He shows Himself to me, I will have Peace, and He will be near me and in me, and I will rest in Him. - Thomas Merton 


O God of Peace, I stop right now to give You thanks, not just because You deserve it, but because I need it! As I bring my specific requests to You now, fill my mind with the long, long list of things big and small that are Your perfect gifts to me. Above all, thank You for Your Son, for what He did for me, and that I am in Him! Amen.


No comments: