Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 9 August 2022

Summer Thoughts


Los Molinos - Lanzarote

By Paul Collings


Psalm 91:Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.


Jesus Christ became Incarnate for one purpose, to make a way back to God that man might stand before Him as He was created to do, the friend and lover of God Himself. - Oswald Chambers 


Father, You have called me to be still before You, to rest in Your love and to patiently bear the cross that is set before me, knowing that You are not only at my side every moment of the day, but dwelling deep within my heart.


Help me to depend on You in all things, knowing that nights of sadness will soon be turned into mornings of joy, when You are by my side. Keep me from fretful thoughts and foolish imaginings, knowing that You are my best and heavenly Friend, my Shepherd, my Provider, my Defender and the Rock of my salvation.


Draw me every closer to Your heart of love. Quiet my spirit, still my soul and instil in my inner being Your perfect peace that passes all understanding. Help me I pray, to be still and know that You are God, my God in Whom I trust. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen


No comments: