Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 6 August 2022

Summer Thoughts


Playa de Papagayo - Lanzarote
 

By Paul Collings


Psalm 37:7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.


If there be anything that can render the soul calm, dissipate its scruples and dispel its fears, sweeten its sufferings by the anointing of love, impart strength to all its actions, and spread abroad the joy of the Holy Spirit in its countenance and words, it is this simple and childlike repose in the arms of God. - S.D. Gordon


Father, can I be honest? I am tired of waiting. Waiting is hard, painful, and exhausting. But I know that learning to wait well is a beautiful, sanctifying, hope-giving thing. So help me wait well. Help me cling to you as I wait. Please Lord, let your peace rule in my heart. Help me live by your grace. Amen each day of this waiting. And help me bring you glory as I wait expectantly. In Jesus’ Name, Amen!


No comments: