Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 13 August 2022

Summer Thoughts


Seaside Hut - Lanzarote

By Paul Collings

Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth. (Hos. 6:3) How does a person receive rain? Not by prying it loose from the sky but just by watching it fall, by standing in the downpour, by thanking Him for opening up the floodgates and sending what He knows we need and can’t get for ourselves, yet what He so faithfully, regularly, and graciously gives. - Priscilla Shirer


Lord God, I want to follow your example of work and rest that helps me recover. Give me wisdom to review my work and see where I am not getting enough rest to be refreshed, and where I am not allowing others to unplug and be revived. From your Word you made rest for a reason — so I can be refreshed in mind, body, and soul. Help me plan better so I can take time off whether it is from work, school, or housework. Amen.


No comments: