Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Friday 12 August 2022

Summer Thoughts


Lanzarote Church by Paul Collings

Psalm 139

O LORD, You have searched me

and known me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;

You understand my thoughts from afar.

You search out my path and my lying down;

You are aware of all my ways.

Even before a word is on my tongue,

You know all about it, O LORD.

You hem me in behind and before;

You have laid Your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,

too lofty for me to attain.


How precious to me are Your thoughts, O God,

how vast is their sum!

If I were to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand;

and when I awake,

I am still with You.


God sometimes answers our prayers by giving us what we would have asked for had we known what He knows. J. D. Greear


Something made the hairs stand up on our necks. Was it you, O God?

Was it you that we saw blowing over the water? 

Was it you that we heard moving through those feet?

Was it you that we felt in the beating of our own hearts?

Was it you that called our names?

Come, O God. Come to search us. Come to know us again.

We were knit in your womb. We have tried to count your works.

Come, O God, so that we can hear you calling our names.

Here and now. Amen


No comments: