Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - 01392 206229 - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Wednesday 20 May 2020

Day 3 Spirit of Power

Holy Spirit Reflections
Artwork and Verse by the Rev’d Paul Collings


Holy Spirit, Pow’r divine,
Fill and nerve this will of mine;
Grant that I may strongly live,
Bravely bear, and nobly strive
Samuel Longfellow 1864

Zechariah 4:6 Then he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel saying, ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.

Acts 10:38 You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Acts 1:8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”

Spirit of power, in weakness I cry,
Strengthen my will, come me energise,
Praying I’m seeking  your mighty  release
Gifted life-presence reviving my peace.
Goodness you will me, your healing impart
Wholeness bequeath me, new life, a new start.

Power you offer to those who observe,
Witness emboldened your purpose to serve
Regions of earth the remotest of lands
Chosen to tell of  love’s gracious demands.
Lord in my weakness, my frailty, fear 
Fill with empowerment your word to make clear.

No comments: