Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Day 2 Spirit of Love

Holy Spirit Reflections
Artwork and Verse by the Rev’d Paul Collings 

Spirit of Love

Holy Spirit, Love divine,
Glow within this heart of mine;
Kindle every high desire;
Perish self in Thy pure fire.
Samuel Longfellow 1864

2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Spirit of love, pure essence of grace,
Come now to me and heal with your balm,
Protect I pray, as each trial I face
Bring me your peace and your calm.

Kindle my heart with life-giving fire,
Purify  thoughts and desires.
Set now my mind on your perfect will
Love’s glowing deep light instil. 

Blessing so holy, come fill me today,
Malleable make me I pray.
May I reflect your purpose and see,
 Love’s spirit now living in me.   



No comments: