Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Wednesday 22 April 2020

Today’s Meditation comes for Dr J P Hunter

Present Weakness and Resurrection Life
2 Corinthians 4:7-9 But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Meditation

Though we are weak, God uses us to spread his Good News and he gives us the power to do his work. Knowing that the power is his, not ours, motivates us to keep daily in contact with God, our power source. That knowledge carries the responsibility to let other people see God through us.

Paul had faced sufferings, trials and distress as he preached the Good News. But he knew that they would one day be over and he would receive God’s rest. As we face great troubles, it is easy to focus on the sorrow and pain rather than on our ultimate goal. 

No matter what happens to us, we have the hope and assurance of eternal life when all suffering will end and all sorrow fall away.

SINGING THE FAITH 642

When I’m feeling down and sad,
nothing much to make me glad,
help me to remember,
you are there for me.

When things seem so different, and
very hard to understand,
help me to remember, 
you are close to me.

When I’m crying deep inside,
harder than I’ve ever cried,
help me to remember,
you are loving me.

No comments: