Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Friday 24 April 2020

Today we start the third in our series of Easter Reflections

Symbols of Christ’s Passion and Resurrection
Cruel Nails and Crown of Thorns

Nails so cruel and thorny crown
Are the marks of his renown
Majesty, ne’er was there shown
As our death he dies, alone.

Those implements of death define
Our sin, the sentence and the crime
Not of this innocence divine
Who out of love hangs here for mine.

Lord of the cross and thorny crown
Your nail pierced hands, stretched to atone
Call me to take my cross and own
Your way to follow, yours alone.

I ask for strength your way to take
And if I falter or forsake,
Lord, touch my soul, me re-awake
And guide the journey I must make.

Artwork and Verse by Rev’d Paul Collings

No comments: