Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Witnesses to the Risen Christ


Station 3

Glory to you, O Christ:
by your death you have destroyed death

and by your resurrection you have brought life and immortality to light


Jesus appears to Simon Peter 

The one who needed to be forgiven


1 Do you love me, more than these?

Do you love me, more than these?

Will you love me, when your heart is low,

When you do not know what’s ahead?

Will you love me, when your life seems slow

Though the future now you may dread?


2 Lord, you must know that I love you,

Yes, you must know I love you.

Though I left your side and your love denied

Though I said that I never knew!

Knew that you alone could change my poor heart

By the love of God found in you.


3 Feed my sheep friend with my bread,

Feed my lambs friend, in my stead.

Through my love in you, share my word that’s true

For this word I give now to you.

Through my love in you, share my word that’s true

Share this Bread of Life, I give you.


(These words come from a musical setting written for the Charisma Youth Choir of St Thomas Methodist Church in 1991, entitled “Bread”. It depicts Jesus meeting Peter after the Resurrection.)


Risen Lord, though we have denied you, you know that we love you. 

Show us how to feed the needy ones of your flock.


Alleluia. Christ is risen

He is risen indeed. Alleluia


© 2020 Liturgy by Rev’d Norman Wallwork - Verse and Artwork by  Rev’d Paul Collings


No comments: