Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 13 July 2020

Psalms for today 15 - turn to me and have mercy


Daily reflections in Verse, Music and Artwork by Rev’d Paul Collings


Here is today’s instrumental reflection on Psalm 119


Psalm 119:129-136 Your statutes are wonderful; therefore I obey them. The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands. Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name. Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Redeem me from human oppression, that I may obey your precepts. Make your face shine on your servant and teach me your decrees. Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed.


I wonder at your timeless word,

The light it gives to this dark world.

The way you speak to simple hearts

And there your truth reveal, imparts.


I long to hear your clear command,

Lord, turn to me, come near and stand,

That I may see your shining face;

Your love outpoured with heavenly grace.


Redeem me Lord, from sin that baits,

The evil yoke that dominates,

And tries my life to hold, entrap,

I need your truth my way to map.


Your love unquestioned now I see,

Your perfect will expressed for me.

Your mercy, love, guide now my feet;

Come holy one your word complete.


 “We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behaviour.” ― John Stott


No comments: