Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Friday 31 July 2020

Places on the Way - Bridge

Places on the Way - Bridges


Picture of the old toll bridge at Bathampton By Paul Collings


Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24


There stands a bridge built years ago

Across torrential river’s flow

Where once a price to cross, to pay

The traveller’s only passing way.


What toll, what payment’s entrance fee

Do I require that I might see

And pass from death to life, be free

From judgement’s starkened dark decree?


You say, dear Lord, listen, believe

The words I speak  life to relieve;

The cost that you can never meet

Is waved, come pass my judgement seat.


You even cross the bridge to me

Accompany me that I may see

Your truth, your life your loving way,

And at my side my fears allay.


Lord, help me walk there by your side

And in your presence stay, abide

Keep me believing in your word

The loving tidings I have heard.


“The longer you remain distant, the deeper, wider, and darker the chasm becomes making it all the more difficult to bridge.” ― Ken Poirot


No comments: