Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 1 August 2020

Places on the Way - The City















Bath - Pulteney Weir by Rev’d Paul Collings 


“Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him.“ Luke 8:39


When I walk a city’s street

And listen there to it’s heart beat

My mind it pictures years gone by

When hawkers yelled, come look, come buy


I picture too a thoroughfare,

Where teaming crowds in need of care

Stood there to hear the Son of Man

Reveal his perfect saving plan.


O that our crowded busy streets

Would team with folk who listen, greet

The news that’s good, of way assured

Where saving truth their lives secure.


But as I walk ‘long city’s roads

I ponder. “how can truth be told?”

To passing crowds except I talk

With them of love’s redeeming walk.


Dear Lord, when words fail to impart

Create in me a speaking heart

Reflecting love you shine on me

That others too may be set free.


Paul Collings 


Cities have the capability of providing something for everybody, only because, and only when, they are created by everybody. - Jane Jacobs


No comments: