Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Sunday 19 July 2020

A Walk Through God’s Garden - Artwork and Verse by Rev’d Paul Collings

The picture is of the Bastion at Costa Teguise, Lanzarote 
A Walk Through God’s Garden - Artwork and Verse by Rev’d Paul Collings

St Nicholas Methodist Church Topsham 190720 online service


The Palm Stands Tall


Psalm 92:12 “ the righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, he shall grow like a cedar on Lebanon.” A similar allusion is found in Song of Songs 7:7-8 “this your stature is like a palm tree,,, The palm tree is also associated with victory (Revelations 7:9)


The shady balm from midday heat,

Where branch relieves me from defeat,

Of noon tide sun that saps my mind

There stands the palm, where rest I find.


The branch of palm in children’s hands

Were waved in welcome where crowds stand;

To cheer the entrance of the king

With loud hosannas they did sing.


We too can sing with joyous hearts

Of righteousness that flows, that starts

To stand so tall like noble palm

With godly presence of your calm.


You comfort me - and help me thrive

New stature give and make alive. 

Lord, help me grow with deepened roots,

And bear for you new cherished fruit.


I an a champion palm tree! I know that I can sustain the hurricanes in life, because I paid the price and my roots of faith have grown down deep. John Di Lemme




No comments: