Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Sunday 19 July 2020

A Walk Through God’s Garden - Artwork and Verse by Rev’d Paul Collings

A Walk Through God’s Garden - Artwork and Verse by Rev’d Paul Collings


Psalm 53:8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God.

I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever.


The beauty of an olive tree


Those ancient olive groves stand where

My Saviour knelt in passioned prayer,

That set the course for humankind;

And sealed his fate, his love maligned.


Yet in that garden on that night

Though dark the eve,  there was a light

Through sacrificial pain and grief,

That willed salvation and relief.


I wonder why, in ancient times

The olive fruit with lives did chime.

And signalled balm of sacred kind,

Your holy will to be enshrined.


Come Lord of love, anoint my soul;

Purge my heart, and make me whole,

Cleanse my mind with holy oil

Lord, purify as on I toil.


“With every calling comes the anointing you need to be able to stand firm in the situations that you will have to face” ― Sunday Adelaja

No comments: