Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Psalms for Today 3 -

 


Psalm 32:11 Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!


Here is an up tempo instrumental play on the words “Rejoice in the Lord”.


How to rejoice in your name, O Lord

To be glad with songs that accord,

That raises my heart and there stand tall

In your righteous gift that enthrals.


Lord teach me to sing, in you delight,

To find in new song your pure light.

Help me rejoice, and rightly to bring

With gladness of heart your praise sing.


Banish discord where harmony taints, 

The music of faith that you paint

Retune my heart to your note of peace

Let gladness of song never cease.


Rejoice in the Lord and be glad I sing

And claim your salvation, my king.

With joyful delight and purpose I bring

Sing now my poor heart, Sing, O Sing.


Let not a libation of tears be the only offering at the shrine of Jesus; let us also rejoice with joy unspeakable. If we have need to lament our sin, how much more to rejoice at our pardon!

Charles Spurgeon


No comments: