Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 29 June 2020

Psalm for today 2 - Beside Still Water

Psalm 23 He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters.

Beside Still Waters 


Link to Associated musical reflection


You call me, Lord, to sit a while

By waters still, midst crazed life-style

Of come and go, the frantic round,

There sit with you on holy ground.


Lord, as you stilled the raging storm

Come to my heart and there calm form;

A resting place, a sheltering dorm,

A place of peace my soul to warm


Take from my mind the stress and strain,

With soothing balm your blessings rain;

And from this place of solace lead;

Rely on  you to meet my needs.


Then from this gentle sacred place

Help me to take into life’s space

Your grace serene, that lasting peace

Where ‘neath your wing stillness increase.


Uncontrolled, the hunger and thirst after God may become an obstacle, cutting off the soul from what it desires. If a we would travel far along the mystic road, we must learn to desire God intensely but in stillness, passively and yet with all our hearts and minds and strength.

Aldous Huxley




No comments: