Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Psalm for Today - Take Refuge - Rest in the Lord

.


Psalm 37:39-40 The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him.


Here is the link to the musical reflection on today’s Psalm


Help me, dear Lord, in you to  rest

And in your refuge there reflect,

How by strong hand I’m truly blest

Where goodness in me you perfect.


Deliver me from pressing harm

Where troubles sap my longing soul

And ‘neath the shelter of your arm

Find your own rightness making whole.  


You call me not to fret, to still

The worried thoughts that burn my will

Endanger trust, and take from me

The vision of a life made free.


You come to me, salvation bring

And cause my heart with praise to sing

For in your holy presence find

 A saving place my life unbind.


O Saving Lord with thankful heart

I welcome pastures new, apart

From wickedness, a biding place

And bathe in your unfolding grace.


“Where does your security lie? Is God your refuge, your hiding place, your stronghold, your shepherd, your counsellor, your friend, your redeemer, your saviour, your guide? If He is, you don't need to search any further for security.” 

Elisabeth Elliot



No comments: