Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 27 June 2020

Psalms for Today 1


St Nicholas Methodist Church, Topsham Sunday Worship 280620


Psalm 19:14 

We now start a series of reflections on phrases from the Psalms in words, artwork and music.  In all thee mediums I have tried to capture the spirit of what the Psalmist is saying in the context of our day and age.


May the words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. 


Listen to the Musical Reflection on Psalm 19 Here


Lord, your are the anchor of my life

The steadfast one midst earthly strife

The one who centres heart and mind

Enabling me your truth to find.


Redeeming Lord, refresh my soul,

Recreate and make me whole;

As lofty heavens shout wondrous truth

Perfect in me, with blessings sooth.


Your precepts plain brings joy to heart,

Your radiant golden light Imparts;

Allows my eyes to see anew

The glorious blessing here to view.


So may the words I speak for you

Present your truth and travel through

My faltering effort so others raise

And honour you with lasting praise.


“If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.” Marcus Tullius Cicero (107 BC - 47 BC)


No comments: