Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 23 May 2020

Day 5 Spirit of Peace


Holy Spirit, Peace divine,
Still this restless heart of mine;
Speak to calm this tossing sea,
Stayed in Thy tranquility.
Samuel Longfellow 1864

Romans 14:7 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

I need a warming of my heart
Where love and peace will never part.
Where struggles and frustrations cease,
Where faith and lasting trust increase.

I need your stillness in my life,
An end to inner wars and strife.
Were storms are stilled and tempest calmed,
And peace retained, nor fear alarm.

O Holy Peace of calm, tranquil, 
You bring accord, by humble will.
And with your lasting righteous joy,
My spirit lift your balm deploy.

In thankfulness I bring  my praise,
With gratitude my heart I raise
Through your good will, my life is stilled;
O Holy One  in you fulfilled.

No comments: