Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Friday 22 May 2020

Day 4 Spirit of Right

Holy Spirit Reflections
Artwork and Verse by the Rev’d Paul Collings

Holy Spirit, Right divine,
King within my conscience reign;
Be my Lord, and I shall be
Firmly bound, forever free.
Samuel Longfellow 1864

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Righteous Spirit, Holy One
Your rule of love in me begun,
I need the cleansing of my heart 
Creator God, remake, restart.

My fitful ways, my unsure days
My purpose and my selfish gaze
Disrupt your Spirit’s Holy will,
I need your architectural skill.

Renewing Spirit, gentle guest
Work now in love, ease my unrest.
Help me to hear that voice small, still,
And hearing  do you holy will.

Holy Spirit, hear my prayer,
And In my heart your reign declare.
Thus to mirror your own ways.
And live for you now and always.

No comments: