Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Sunday 24 May 2020

Day 6 Spirit of joy

Gladden Thou this heart of mine;
In the desert ways I sing,
“Spring, O Well, forever spring.

Samuel Longfellow 1864

1 Thessalonians 1:6 "And you became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you received the word in much affliction, with the joy of the Holy Spirit."

In a world of shifting values
Where distress and darkness looms.
Where the anxiousness of living 
Saps, and stifles and entombs.
Burdened by this selfish culture,
Domineered by me and mine
Where, O where is freedom’s tonic,
Where the joy of the Divine.

Spirit of eternal gladness,
Joyous gift I now would crave
That from depths that would astound me 
Come with joy my heart engrave.  
Word of joyful life becoming
Raise the passion of my soul
And reflect your Divine elation,
Joy of joys, that makes me whole.


No comments: