Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - 01392 206229 - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 25 April 2020

Symbols of The Passion and Resurrection of Jesus - Day 2 

King of the Jews  


King of the Jews that’s what they said
Written above his sacred head
Meant to defame to cause him shame
This lowly prince of peace who came, 
Came as a servant suffering
To reign as love’s blessed Royal King.

And as I gaze upon the cross 
Earth’s roughest throne - made at what cost?
I see a beauty, strange to tell
Of grace beyond all parallels 
O Lord of Lords, King of all Kings, 
 To your cross, I simply cling?

This cruciform, this gibbet rare,
This torturous implement that dares
To take a life so freely given,
Now blessed through death, and speaks of heaven?
Hold now the cross before my eyes
I see my Saviour for me dies.

Lord, when with cross I make the sign
I see again your death and mine
To all that would your will frustrate
And for my resurrection wait.
Redeeming one, call me apart,
Create a throne within my heart.

No comments: