Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 27 September 2022

Doors and Gateways


View from of the Fal Estuary from Trelissick House

By Paul Collings

Proverbs 37:23 The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him;

People today, ask the question, “how many steps did you take today?” With the advent of watches that record the distance travelled, there seems to be keen competition as to your walking record for each day. Perhaps a better question is not how many, but what steps did you take today?


I recently read this poem that illustrates the importance of each step we take on the Christian pathway.


He does not lead me year by year

Nor even day by day,

But step by step my path unfolds;

My Lord directs my way.

Tomorrow’s plans I do not know,

I only know this minute;

But He will say, "This is the way,

By faith now walk in it."

And I am glad that it is so,

Today’s enough to bear;

And when tomorrow comes, His grace

Shall far exceed its care.

What need to worry then, or fret?

The God who gave His Son

Holds all my moments in His hand

And gives them, one by one.


Prayer

Move us, Joyful God,

take our hands and lead us in your dance of creation.

When we are uncertain,

guard our hearts with your peace.

When our steps falter,

surround us with the strength of your Spirit.

Guide us, Dancing God,

until we are move and sing with the joy of your salvation.

In the name of Emmanuel, God with Us, we pray, Amen.


No comments: