Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 23 August 2022

Summer Thoughts

Caleto de Sabo - Gracioso by Paul Collings

Mark 2:13-14

“Once again Jesus went out beside the sea. All the people came to Him, and He taught them there.As He was walking along, He saw Levi son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth. “Follow Me,” He told him, and Levi got up and followed Him.”


As Jesus preached by the lakeside his words had a different impact from person to person. For some he was just a novelty. Others, perhaps, were half-interested. But the reports reaching Levi sitting in his office-booth nearby must have stirred his heart, for when Jesus invited him to be a co-worker for the Kingdom, Levi rose immediately with not even a thought for the career he was leaving behind.


Perhaps, no matter what our circumstances, we can always have an ear open for the higher call.


I ask, Father, that only your Holy Spirit will speak to me now as I wait on you for wisdom, insight, and direction. And whatever you show me or direct me to do, I pray that I will quickly obey. In Jesus’s name, amen.


 

No comments: