Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - 01392 206229 - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 18 April 2022

Witnesses to the Risen Christ


Today we start a series of Ten Stations of the Resurrection

© 2020 Liturgy by Rev’d Norman Wallwork -  Verse and Artwork by  Rev’d Paul Collings


Station 1

Glory to you, O Christ: by your death you have destroyed death and by your resurrection you have brought life and immortality to light.


Jesus appears to Mary of Magdala in the garden  The one who loved Jesus most 


1 They’ve taken him, 

I know not where,

His battered body

Laid with care.

I came today

His form to ‘noint

To dress the scars-

Cruel nail points.


2 “O Gardner, friend

Where has he gone?

Please tell me now

What you have done

With my dear Lord, 

His sacred form,

That lived to bless

Our lives adorn.”


3 “Mary, my child.”

“Rabboni Lord

How can it be

I saw - you died”

I stretched my hand

To reach his own.

“Not yet my child”

His voice intoned.


4 “Go to my friends,

My bothers tell

What you have seen

And all is well.

I must Ascend,

My father see;

Go now sweet friend

Go now I plea.


5 With heart ablaze,

And tears now dried 

I ran and ran

So overjoyed.

I told them all

Of the blessed scene.

The Lord is risen

My eyes have seen.


Risen Lord, though we are separated from those we love and our hearts are weighed with grief, speak to us by name and let us feel the joy of your presence.

 

Alleluia. Christ is risen He is risen indeed. Alleluia

No comments: