Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Wednesday 23 December 2020

Advent Adventure


Wednesday 23rd December - Read Luke 1:46-56 - Magnificat 

Mary gives us a model prayer, rooted in the past but open to the future. The prayer invites me to give time to recognise and ponder on the gifts I have received, so that I may thank God for them. Perhaps I could write my own Magnificat and pray over it, recognising the great things the Lord has done for me and through me.


Lord, give me Mary’s confidence and generosity of spirit. I ask not just to listen to your voice and do your will, but to do it joyfully and fearlessly. Let me answer your call with an exultant ‘Yes!’ because I know that my journey into the unknown will be made radiant by your transfiguring presence. Amen


No comments: