Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Fruit of the Spirit 7 Gentelness


Philippians 4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

‘When you encounter difficulties and contradictions, do not try to break them, but bend them with gentleness and time.” Saint Francis de Sales

“Gentle Jesus, meek and mild
Look upon this little child.”
Was the prayer taught in my youth;
Little did I know it’s truth.

Now as days and years have past
And time speeds it’s way so fast,
Midst the hardness of today
For that gentleness I pray.

“Pity my simplicity”
Was my nightly  earnest plea;
“Fain again to you be brought”
And within your arms be taught.

Lord, that gentle fruit come share
By your Spirit in me bear
“Make me Saviour what thou art
Give me an obedient heart.”

Lord, your promise work in me
Come as now I bend my knee,
That “the world shall always see
Christ the holy child, in me.”

No comments: