Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 1 June 2020

Day 6 Fruit of the Spirit - Faithfulness





Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

I hear your promise faithful one
And yet, my grip is weak, alone
I cannot seem to hold the faith
Nor in your presence stay and bathe.
To bear the fruit of promised grain
Or ‘bove earth’s grime, new life obtain.

O Faithful One, so great your love
That fills the void, O heavenly dove,
Who plants new seed, and brings new hope, 
Though long my way I slip and grope
Towards the light of your new day,
Come bear your fruit in me, all ways.


”The Ragamuffin who sees his life as a  voyage of discovery and runs the risk of failure has a better feel for faithfulness than the timid man who hides behind the law and never finds out who he is at all,” - Brennan Manning - the Ragamuffin Gospel 


No comments: