Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Friday 29 May 2020

Day 4 Fruit of the Spirit - Patience


Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

How long, O Lord, the people cry,
How long to wait, until I die?
How long must my impatient soul
Wait and ponder, achieve it’s goal?

Across the centuries of strife
Impatience panicked many a life,
To remember some far off distance aim
Nothing achieved but selfish gain.

Lord, why can’t I just rest remain,
And weary not, reap harvest grain?
Teach me to wait your holy hour,
The Spirit fruit, that inner power.

Though trial and test, my soul impact,
Help me to stay, to keep intact 
The patient fruit by spirit blest 
Come Holy One, in you to rest. 

“There is no love of God without patience, and no patience without lowlines and sweetness of spirit.” John Wesley.

No comments: