Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 2 May 2020

I am the Bread of Life

Day 1 The Seven Sayings of Jesus
"I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35 


 Lord, of our daily bread, you bring sustenance each day and by your promise you feed  us with the Bread of Life. Give me strength to share this heavenly manna at each table I share and in sharing find you there. Amen

Where is the bread the crowd to feed?
Where the succour they now need?
What have you here to give them now?
Where is the food; you know not how?

Those burning words shot through my heart
I did not know just where to start
Until this lad beside me stood
And offered bread and fish, his food.

The Master smiled, and took the meal
And looking up in love appeals
That through this blesséd paltry gift
A multitude be fed and live.

Yet manna too, another kind
He shares on earth for us to find.
Sweet food of heaven, sacred bread
On him we feast, by him we’re fed.

O heavenly Bread of life come down
Refresh our souls, prepare the ground
Where by we share this daily bread
Refreshing others in your stead.

And as we share this paschal feast
We bring our thanks, our great High Priest,
To your own table, now complete
And there in sweet communion meet.

No comments: