Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - 01392 206229 - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Thursday 30 April 2020


Dr J P Hunter’s third Meditation on Faith in time of Crisis
Artwork “More than Conquers” by Rev’d Paul Collings
Job 6: 1-3 Then Job replied: “If only my anguish could be weighed and all my misery be placed on the scales! It would surely outweigh the sand of the seas—

Short mediation: 
Our tendency, like Job’s, is to cry out when the going gets tough.
To trust God in good times is commendable, but to trust him during difficult times tests us and our faith to their limits. In our struggles, trust that God is in control and that he will take care of you, in all things. The next short Bible verse supports that.  
Romans 8: 28 More than conquerors.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i] have been called according to his purpose.



God works “in all things” for our good. This does not mean that all that happens to us is easy or good. It means that God is able and willing to turn every circumstance around for our long term good. This promise is not for everybody, it can be claimed by those who are called to his purpose, who have faith in God and do love Him. Therefore, trust in Him.

Songs of Fellowship 41 – Anonymous.

Be still and know that I am God
Be still and know that I am God,
Be still and know that I am God.

I am the Lord that health thee,
I am the Lord that health thee,
I am the Lord that health thee.

In thee, O Lord do I put my trust,
In thee, O Lord do I put my trust,
In thee, O Lord do I put my trust.

No comments: