Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 30 January 2021

Celtic Contemplation

 


2 Corinthians 12:9-19 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


Have you noticed that God sometimes uses our “low points” to open our eyes to our weaknesses. More than that, He has offers us the painfully beautiful truth that our weaknesses open doors to allow His unending grace, power and provision to enter our lives. Further still, God is not waiting for our exceptional achievements, He waits for humility to open the doors to our hearts.


Sincere prayerful communication is perhaps part of the key to open the door. This in turn births the ability to accept even our weaknesses, and in accepting, to transform. It is not meant to bring deliverance from a situation; it is meant to bring the ability to accept it and transform it.


From Northumbria Community


Now here’s another paradox.  I’m becoming more me by thinking less of me. I’m getting involved with these people. My fundamental problems remain unchanged, but I’m changing. Does that mean the fundamental problems will change too! Surely it must! If I’m a number in a sum, any change in me will affect the other numbers in that we’ll all add up to a different answer. Susan Howatch 


Prayer


Heavenly Father, thank You that Your grace is sufficient for all my needs. Help me to recognise and rejoice in the knowledge that Your power is made perfect in my own weakness. Help me to boast all the more gladly in my inabilities, so that Your great ability may be manifest in my life - to Your praise and glory, AMEN.


No comments: