Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - 01392 206229 - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Tuesday 29 December 2020

Tuesday 29th December -


Read Matthew 12:46-50

Jesus in this reading speaks of two ways he says the people around him belong to his family. Firstly he belongs to the family he was born into, to that of his mother and relations. His other family is made up of those who do the will of God who from now will be his true intimates. Mary belongs to both but she is preeminently the one who has said, “let it be done onto me according to your word” (Luke 1:38). For this reason she is the first disciple of Jesus and the model Christian.


God, thank you for the promise of hope as I approach a new year. May everyone in my family be willing to begin anew with a clean slate. I know that you are always ready to forgive us. Help me to be willing to forgive ourselves and to forgive one another. As I begin a new year, remind me of my truest values and my deepest desires. Help me to live in the goodness that comes from doing what you want me to do.   to put aside anxiety about the future and the past, so that I might live in peace with you now, one day at a time. Amen.


No comments: