Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 21 December 2020

Advent Adventure


This weeks post will consist of  a daily Bible reference for you to consider, a short thought and a prayer for each day of the coming week. May you be truly blessed this Christmastide 

Monday 21st December - Read Luke1:26-38


Surprising calls can evoke fears and questioning, leading to a desire for a sign before saying yes. Have I been through that experience? In my prayer I ask for the same freedom and openness of Mary to God’s surprising ways? Could my fears get in the way of a generous response to God?


Lord, may I grow each day trusting in your amazing revelation to me: that I too “am your highly favoured one”.Help me to not to be afraid for  You rejoice in me! In the ‘busyness’ of life, keep these thoughts before me. Like Mary, may I too be ready to play my part in realising your incarnation fully alive in me and those I meet on the way. Amen


No comments: