Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Saturday 20 June 2020

Scene 2 Bread - I’m hungry Lord




As the disciples look back at the better times they recall the plight of the 1000s who sat listening to Jesus teaching and how each one was fed in a miraculous way. In their minds eye the see many of they children crying out in hunger.

Matthew 14: 18 “Bring them here to me,” he said. 19 And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. 20 They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 


Link here to hear the accompaniment 


I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

I think I’m surely dying. 

I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

Without any food, my life must conclude,

I haven’t much time left for living.

I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

Please feed me, feed me now.


I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

My tum is really grumbling.

I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

With nothing to spare and nothing to share

I tell you I’m really now starving

I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

Please feed me, feed me now.


I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

I heard what you were saying.

I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

Now show me this bread, I need to be fed;

Just feed me, yes feed me, I’m fainting.

I’m hungry Lord, I’m hungry Lord,

Please feed me, feed me now.


“There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.” – Mahatma Gandhi. 


No comments: