Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Sunday 19 April 2020

Glory to you, O Christ:
by your death you have destroyed death
and by your resurrection you have brought life and immortality to light

Jesus appears to Thomas the Twin a week later 
The one who needed proof

Risen Lord, though you reveal yourself in the lives others, we long for you to reveal yourself just as truly to us, that we too may share the good news of your living presence.

Alleluia. Christ is risen 
He is risen indeed. Alleluia

1 I am he, I’m the doubter, 
the one wanting proof
Of what they had told me
I need truth foolproof.

2 I can not believe it,
I cannot conceive,
How Jesus of Nazareth
Dead! Oh how I grieve.

3 Until I see clearly 
The marks in his side
Where cruel armed soldiers
Made sure he had died.

4 Unless I can touch him
The scared wounds to press
With my hands; what anger
I feel, nothing less. 

5 “Oh Thomas my peace know,
Come, here is my side
Reach out, come and touch me
Don’t doubt nor truth hide.

6 Believe now through seeing
Bless those who abide
Who haven’t yet seen me
Without sight to guide.”

7 “My Lord and my Master,
My God” I replied
His peace fills my being

All doubts thrown aside.”

No comments: