Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Monday 13 April 2020


As we move into the Easter Week, I will continue to share with you 10 further stations of the Resurrection.  I am grateful to my friend, the Reverend Norman Wallwork for the liturgy and I have added further artwork and verse.

Glory to you, O Christ:
by your death you have destroyed death
and by your resurrection you have brought life and immortality to light.

Jesus appears to Mary of Magdala in the garden – The one who loved Jesus most 

Risen Lord, though we are separated from those we love and our hearts are weighed with grief, speak to us by name and let us feel the joy of your presence.
 
Alleluia. Christ is risen He is risen indeed. Alleluia

They’ve taken him, 
I know not where,
His battered body
Laid with care.
I came today
His form to ‘noint
To dress the scars-
Cruel nail points.

“O Gardner, friend
Where has he gone?
Please tell me now
What you have done
With my dear Lord, 
His sacred form,
That lived to bless
Our lives adorn.”

“Mary, my child.”
“Rabboni Lord
How can it be
I saw - you died”
I stretched my hand
To reach his own.
“Not yet my child”
His voice intoned.

“Go to my friends,
My bothers tell
What you have seen
And all is well.
I must Ascend,
My father see;
Go now sweet friend
Go now I plea.”

With heart ablaze,
And tears now dried 
I ran and ran
So overjoyed.
I told them all
Of the blessed scene.
The Lord is risen
My eyes have seen.


No comments: