Fore Street Topsham, Exeter

Reverend Paul Collings BTh (Hons) - - - - paul.collings@methodist.org.uk - - - - 01392 206229 - - - - 07941 880768

About Us

We are a community of faith seeking to discover the face of Jesus Christ in our Church, in our Community and in our Commitment.

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Singing our Faith 5 - I will declare


I wrote this song for the Provincial Weekend of the Methodist Association of Youth Clubs (MAYC) weekend held at Torquay Riviera Centre in November 1992. The the choir  came from the Charisma Youth Choir (St Thomas - Exeter) and the Youth Choir from the Avenue Church in Newton Abbot. Rereading the words it seems that we still need to declare the truth that Jesus is the Way the Truth and The Truth today! 


Psalm 40:5 “Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.”


Here in a world of sadness,

Where life is rarely kind

The Lord of Joy has entered

Broken hearts to bind.

Here as I kneel before him

Seeking his joy divine

May I now share this one hope

The joy I claim as mine.


Here in a world of hatred

Where some are bond in chains;

Contrasts of free and captive,

Liberty they claim.

Standing before my Saviour,

Freed by power Divine;

I claim the right to be free

And share this hope of mine.


Here in world of suffering,

Wounded by so much pain,

God’s chosen won has travelled;

To heal is why he came.

Here walking with my Saviour,

Healer man his name,

I will declare the whole truth;

Jesus the Lord now reigns.


Refrain

I will declare the truth

That Jesus is alive today;

Speak of his power and love

And show to all his new-life way;

His power I’ve seen,

The love that redeems

The life now he lives out in me

I will declare!


““Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare.” Voltaire

No comments: